Saturday, August 1, 2009

Girl with the Panama Hat

retire in panama - girl in the panama hat
I've got lots of time on my retirement in Panama to rummage through things. I've gone to some private sales, what you might call "yard sales" and come up with some interesting finds. Kind of like antique shopping. I came upon this photograph that kinda held my attention for a while so I thought I'd share it with you.

It's a photograph of a girl in one of those famous Panama Hats. I don't know anything about the girl or how old the photo is, but it kinda looks old because it's clearly not in the best of condition. It kind of drew me to it. An unknown woman, I don't even know who she is or who owned the photograph but I thought I should put it on my blog. She might of been a woman from Panama or maybe not. It's just a kind of weird photo. Made me think of Panama in the old days.

When one thinks of Panama, one of the first things that come to mind are, besides beaches, besides My Panama retirement (LOL! of course!), besides hunting for real estate, you would probably get an image of a Panama hat.

Something I know is that Panama hats aren't even made in Panama. I heard they're made in Ecuador actually. I know the best Panama hats are woven so fine that they can even hold water. Correct me if I am wrong.

Just something I found on my search for curiosities in Panama, this interesting photo of the girl in the Panama hat. I might get a frame for it. It's just a very interesting photograph of Panama.

No comments:

Post a Comment